Saturday, July 21, 2012

Freerice

Hello, Jammers! It's Ozma00 here!
Hey, I know I haven't posted in a while, I was taking a summer break at da beach.


But now I'm back! YAY!

I discovered this website called Freerice. It's a nonprofit company that donates rice to those in need, mainly in Africa. It's pretty simple, and it's absolutely free for you to help! All you have to do is answer some quick trivia questions. There are lots of categories: English vocabulary, basic multiplication, even SAT prep! For every question you get right, Freerice and its sponsors will donate ten grains of rice to those in need!

I've made a group on the site (essentially a community of users that are working towards a goal of donated rice). It's called Animal Jam! Link here: http://freerice.com/content-group/animal-jam

So, to join this group, you've gotta register for Freerice.com.
I understand that some of you might be uncomfortable with giving away your e-mail adress, which is requested in the signup. That's perfectly fine. Ask your parents before signing up, but know that Freerice does not sell your information to any outside companies, nor does it spam your inbox.

I've decided that I'd like to raise 10,000 grains of rice in a 3 months, by October 21st. Could you guys maybe help me do that? I know it sounds like a lot, but we'd only have to answer 1,000 questions. If I was doing this by myself, I'd have to answer... hmm... 12 or so questions a day. But I'm hoping that you guys will help!

I can't expect you to do this every day, or even every month, but if you could make a account and answer maybe ten questions in any category, it would make a difference.

Please, sign up and spread the word! Help make a difference by honing your mathematical skills!

~Ozma00
freerice.com

2 comments:

  1. did your english teacher happen tyo show you it cause i have a feeling i know who ur teacher is :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent way of telling, and pleasant article to get data about my presentation focus,
    which i am going to present in school.
    My web page - Car Detailing Wichita

    ReplyDelete

Hey Jammers!
A few simple rules for AJF:

1. Be Nice
2. No rude Comments towards us or the blog.
3. No advertising blogs.
4. If you don't like the blog, don't read it.
:D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...