Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Story Behind Cami's Frog.

Heya Jammers!
EagleEye34 here!
So I recently got a Cami's Frog.
I started to wonder, 'Why is it called Cami's Frog? Was it named after a girl named Cami?'
So I did a little research.
Here is the story behind Cami's Frog.
Cami is a little girl currently diagnosed with Leukemia.
Leukemia is a type of cancer that develops in the Bone Marrow or Blood.
Apparently, Cami's dad, Pat, works for Smart Bomb Interactive, one of the companies that helped develop Animal Jam.
Her parents bought her her frog when she was a tiny baby, and she loved it.
She took it everywhere they went.
In honor of Cami and her strength, her dad designed the Cami's Frog plushie we have in Animal Jam today!
Here is a picture of the real 'Cami's Frog':
Now here's a Cami's Frog in Animal Jam:
Way back in beta ^^
Anyway, I think this is an adorable story.
You can visit her parents' blog about her and her family here!


Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

10 comments:

  1. Actually the Animal Jam Crazy has posted about this too. But it is a nice story worth sharing. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'll go check out the Animal Jam Crazy and read their post on Cami ^-^

      ~EagleEye

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rlly love it! i wonder if she has an AJ acc...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She might have passed away, but she did have an account.

      It was a very sweet thing they did in honour of her.

      Delete
    2. no she didnt pass away her acc was nosser20 ithink i sont know but everyso oftem i check her den at the slightest bit it changes

      Delete
  4. I have a stuffed animal frog named lovey that looks a lot like cami, he just has a heart on the cheak and is smaller with yellow hands and feet. I got him when i was 2 yrs old ^3^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a frog called Gredlock. It's named after my dad,who died two days before my fourth birthday. He was diagnosed with luekemia at the time. He gave me his frog that he has since he was born, he passed it on to me when I was born. It hard living a life without a dad because now that he passed we have to work hard for money. Dad used to help everyone in the family out with work and we would give him gifts to thank him. He worked in a Applemac shop making computers, his boss liked him very much and would give him extra money to take care of our family. Now he has passed his boss gives us 5 dollars a week, I think he gave dad extra because he like him, only him and not the family. Even though he said the money was for a family... I didn't believe him. So yeah, life withouyt a dad is hard....

    ReplyDelete
  6. my mom died with brain cancer just three days before my birthday last year but life goes on yes i miss her dearly .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Camsi frog reminds me if a girl at my school with lukemia shes better now my blog is animalsofanimaljam.blogspot.com please comment and check often

    ReplyDelete

Hey Jammers!
A few simple rules for AJF:

1. Be Nice
2. No rude Comments towards us or the blog.
3. No advertising blogs.
4. If you don't like the blog, don't read it.
:D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...