Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Animal Jam - Hacked?

Time to think the unthinkable: Has AJ been hacked? The second time in less than a week, AJ is down for maintenance. Did I mention it's the second time? I think we should all send HQ a flurry of emails to get the glitches fixed and get AJ back online. This is seriously not helping their reputation. I wonder if we're gearing up for.. I don't want to say it... The... Jamaapocalypse? I doubt it. But rumors have been true before. This situation is unlike anything I, as a faithful Animal Jammer from beta, have ever seen before. Oh, and I understand the gift they sent out now. See, it is phantoms who attack Jamaa, right?(wrong, it's probably hackers or a computer virus) Well the caged phantoms are symbolic that they caught the phantoms and are giving us their prison. Good idea AJ, except non members can't GET IT. And some people didn't get it... I think that counts as a flaw. Below is the soon-to-be historic picture of the second log blackout in AJ history. If you can't read it, it says,

"Animal Jam found a pack of pesky phantoms in
 the game and is repairing the mess they made.
 Sorry for the inconvenience, we will be back
soon!"

9 comments:

  1. Animal Jam has not been hacked. If they were, it would be a lot more messy and they would stay down for a week or more until they knew for sure the hacker was tracked down.

    Having a month of game programming classes and more than half a year on coding, I think I have some more plausable theories.

    In programming, everything is delicate and orderly. If you mess up in one place, it could ruin everything. This is especially true when trying to create the coding for BIG updates, such as the new giraffe!

    Think of coding and programming a game as writing a story. If you write a huge story, but you have some sentences out of order, it messes up your whole story. And then updates would be squeezing in new sentences into the other paragraphs, and so on and so forth.

    With this in mind, fixing up some glitches or testing things would take a while to fix. This probably explains the lengthy shut downs.

    I'm not saying I am right, or this is wrong, just throwing out what I think based on experience.

    As for the phantoms, it's just a way to make non members realize they can get goodies in the mail if they get membership. But feel free to interpritate how you like. C(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah that's a huge text wall.
    Sorry, fair citizens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the Jamaapocalypse?

    -GreatShot-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. o3o When phantoms finally take over Jamaa... and by 'Phantoms', I mean Hackers. AJHQ keeps blaming EVERYTHING on the phantoms! .3. If I ever make a game as popular as AJ, I would make some menacing creature to blame all bugs on C:<

      ~EagleEye

      Delete
    2. Basically what some people are calling the end of Jamaa - the apocalypse of Jamaa.

      Delete
    3. Scatty, I was the one who told u 'bout the Jamaapocalypse :P. I don't think AJ is hacked, really. They're's just one thing I worry about: If AJ goes offline more frequently, Members will be missing out on a lot of time on their membnership. I for one am getting membership later this week (YAY! Finally!) but I'm worried that I might miss out on alot because of AJ's constant crashing. :0
      I hope AJ's fine..
      ~Daisygal54

      Delete
  4. umm the phantom things were not just for members i got it on every one of my profiles i made before that happened so yeah...........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm... no that always happens, it just means they are doing some updates. -.-

    ReplyDelete

Hey Jammers!
A few simple rules for AJF:

1. Be Nice
2. No rude Comments towards us or the blog.
3. No advertising blogs.
4. If you don't like the blog, don't read it.
:D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...